Friday, January 2, 2009

Just My Luck

2009 is not getting off to the best start for me. Last Saturday I woke up in excrutiating pain in my shoulder and thought maybe I had slept wrong. When the pain was still there by Monday morning I decided it was time to go see the doctor. Not being able to see my regular doctor that day, I went to urgent care where they told me I have a herniated cervical disc on my shoulder and a possible pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder area. I figured your cervical disc should be located by your cervix but hey I'm no doctor..anywho...I was put on pain medication, muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory steroids. Oh and I get to wear this rockin pink sling on my arm for a week! THEN...I went to Jenni's for her NYE party...I probably shouldnt have taken any of my muscle relaxers that day because after about 2 mojitos and a beer I was fast asleep on her couch by about 10:30 or so...I DID wake up to everyone shouting "Happy New Year!" but I jsut went right back to bed. Those muscle relaxers sure knock you out! At least I got a few pictures before I fell asleep...or so I thought...when I got home the next day I went to put pictures on my computer only to find that my entire memory card was wiped out...all of the pictures from Jenni's house and pictures of the kids opening presents on Christmas morning are GONE...then to put the icing on the cake...I went to work this morning and was sent home early because I really couldnt do anything with one arm in the infant room and I started driving out of the parking lot only to find that my tire was completely flat and ready to fall off the rim. I had to have Tyler drive out to get me and fix my tire. Hopefully this weekend my luck will turn around!

No comments:

Post a Comment